|Microsoft – MCSE 2012 (Server Infrastructure)|
|Microsoft Certified Solution Expert : MCSE Server Infrastructure
MCSE 2012 : Windows Server 2012 training
Course Fees : Rs. 16,000/- Plus 12.36% Service Tax
Gain the skills needed to use Windows Server technology to power the next generation of cloud-optimized networks, applications, and web services. These courses also prepare you for certification on Windows Server.
Associate level: Windows Server 2012
Expert level: Server infrastructure
Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 (70-410)
Module 1: Deploying and Managing Windows Server 2012
This module introduces the new Windows Server 2012 administrative interface. This module covers the different roles and features that are available with the Windows Server 2012 operating system. It also discusses the various installation and configuration options you can use when deploying and configuring Windows Server 2012.
· Windows Server 2012 Overview
· Overview of Windows Server 2012 Management
· Installing Windows Server 2012
· Post-Installation Configuration of Windows Server 2012
· Introduction to Windows Power Shell
· Install Windows Server 2012.
· Perform post-installation configuration of Windows Server 2012.
· Perform basic administrative tasks using Windows PowerShell.
Module 2: Introduction to Active Directory Domain Services
This module introduces Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) in Windows Server 2012. It covers general AD DS infrastructure including forests, trees, schema, Global Catalog, Operations Masters. It also covers installing and configuring domain controllers.
· Overview of AD DS
· Overview of Domain Controllers
· Installing a Domain Controller
Module 3: Managing Active Directory Domain Services Objects
This module covers configuring Active Directory Objects such as users, groups and computers. The functionality of AD DS Administrative Tools is addressed, in addition to the configuration of user profiles and the process of delegating permissions to perform AD DS administration.
· Managing User Accounts
· Managing Group Accounts
· Managing Computer Accounts
· Delegating Administration
Module 4: Automating Active Directory Domain Services Administration
This module covers using command-line tools to configure and administer AD DS. It introduces using Windows PowerShell cmdlets for AD DS administration, and using Windows PowerShell to perform bulk AD DS administrative operations.
· Using Command-line Tools for Administration
· Using Windows PowerShell for Administration
· Performing Bulk Operations with Windows PowerShell
Module 5: Implementing IPv4
This module covers Internet Protocol Version 4 (IPv4) addressing. It details the various IPv4 components, covers subnetting and supernetting, and discusses configuring and general troubleshooting of IPv4 addresses.
· Overview of TCP/IP
· Understanding IPv4 Addressing
· Subnetting and Supernetting
· Configuring and Troubleshooting IPv4
Module 6: Implementing DHCP
This module covers the installation and configuration of DHCP as well as managing a DHCP database. It also covers security and monitoring of DHCP, including auditing and logging.
· Installing a DHCP Server Role
· Configuring DHCP Scopes
· Managing a DHCP Database
· Securing and Monitoring DHCP
Module 7: Implementing DNS
This module covers name resolution for Windows Server and clients. It details the installation of a DNS server and configuring Active Directory Integrated DNS zones.
· Name Resolution for Windows Client and Servers
· Installing and Managing a DNS Server
· Managing DNS Zones
· Name Resolution for Windows Client and Servers
· Installing and Managing a DNS Server
· Managing DNS Zones
Module 8: Implementing IPv6
This module covers understanding and implementing IPv6 addressing. It covers configuration and troubleshooting as well as co-existence with IPv4 using transition technologies.
· Overview of IPv6
· IPv6 Addressing
· Coexistence with IPv6
· IPv6 Transition Technologies
Module 9: Implementing Local Storage
This module covers the storage configuration options for Windows Server 2012, including managing disks and volumes and implementing file systems. It also covers creating and managing storage pools.
· Overview of Storage
· Managing Disks and Volumes
· Implementing Storage Spaces
Module 10: Implementing File and Print Services
This module covers securing files, folders and network file shares, in addition to using shadow copies to protect network file shares. It also covers configuring network printing and creating a printer pool.
· Securing Files and Folders
· Protecting Shared Files and Folders Using Shadow Copies
· Configuring Network Printing
Module 11: Implementing Group Policy
This module covers using Group Policy to centrally manage and apply configuration settings.
· Overview of Group Policy
· Group Policy Processing
· Implementing a Central Store for Administrative Templates
Module 12: Securing Windows Servers Using Group Policy Objects
Increase security in a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure by using Group Policy Objects, AppLocker, and Windows Firewall.
· Windows Security Overview
· Configuring Security Settings
· Restricting Software
· Configuring Windows Firewall with Advanced Security
Module 13: Implementing Server Virtualization with Hyper-V
This module describes Microsoft Virtualization technologies. It covers installing and configuring Hyper-V virtual machines, configuring virtual storage, and configuring virtual networks.
· Overview of Virtualization Technologies
· Implementing Hyper-V
· Managing Virtual Machine Storage
· Managing Virtual Networks
Administering Windows Server 2012 (70-411)
Module 1: Implementing a Group Policy Infrastructure
This module covers how to implement a Group Policy infrastructure and then how to configure and manage that infrastructure. It also covers how to scope Group Policy objects (GPOs) using links, security groups, WMI filters, loopback processing, and preference targeting as well as covering troubleshooting policy application.
· Introducing Group Policy
· Implementing and Administering GPOs
· Managing Group Policy Scope
· Group Policy Processing
· Troubleshooting the Application of GPOs
Module 2: Managing User Desktops with Group PolicyThis module covers implementing administrative templates, how to configure GPO preferences and folder redirection as well as managing software with Group Policy.
· Implementing Administrative Templates
· Configuring Folder Redirection and Scripts
· Configuring Group Policy Preferences
· Managing Software with Group Policy
Module 3: Managing User and Service AccountsThis module covers how to create and administer user accounts as well as configure user object attributes. It also covers automating user account creation and configuring Managed Service Accounts.
· Automating User Account Creation
· Configuring Password Policy and Account Lockout Settings
· Creating and Administering User Accounts
· Configuring User Object Attributes
· Configuring Managed Service Accounts
Module 4: Maintaining Active Directory Domain ServicesThis module covers how to implement Virtualized and Read Only Domain Controllers as well as how to perform common AD DS administrative tasks. The module will also cover how to manage the AD DS database.
· Implementing Virtualized Domain Controllers
· Implementing Read Only Domain Controllers
· Administering AD DS
· Managing the AD DS Database
Module 5: Configuring and Troubleshooting DNSThis module covers installing and configuring the DNS server role as well as creating and configuring DNS zones and zone transfers. It will also cover managing and troubleshooting DNS.
· Installing the DNS Server Role
· Configuring the DNS Server Role
· Configuring DNS Zones
· Configuring DNS Zone Transfers
· Managing and Troubleshooting DNS
Module 6: Configuring and Troubleshooting Remote Access
This module covers configuring network access, creating and configuring virtual private networks (VPNs) and Network Policies as well as troubleshooting routing and remote access. It will also cover configuration of DirectAccess.
· Configuring Network Access
· Configuring VPN Access
· Overview of Network Policies
· Troubleshooting Routing and Remote Access
· Configuring Direct Access
Module 7: Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting the Network Policy Server Role
This module covers installing and configuring Network Policy Server (NPS) RADIUS, as well as clients and servers. It will also deal with NPS authentication methods and monitoring and troubleshooting a NPS.
· Installing and Configuring a Network Policy Server
· Configuring RADIUS Clients and Servers
· NPS Authentication Methods
· Monitoring and Troubleshooting a Network Policy Server
Module 8: Implementing Network Access ProtectionThis module will provide an overview of Network Access Protection (NAP), detailing the functionality and infrastructure requirements. It will also cover configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting NAP.
· Overview of Network Access Protection
· Overview of NAP Enforcement Processes
· Configuring NAP
· Monitoring and Troubleshooting NAP
Module 9: Optimizing File Services
This module covers File Server Resource Manager (FSRM) and how to use it to implement Quotas, file screens and Storage Reports. It will also outline how to implement Classification Management and File Management Tasks as well as covering how to implement DFS, DFS Namespaces and configuring and troubleshooting DFS Replication.
· Overview of FSRM
· Using FSRM to Manage Quotas, File Screens, and Storage Reports
· Implementing Classification Management and File Management Tasks
· DFS Overview
· Configuring DFS Namespaces
· Configuring and Troubleshooting DFS Replication
Module 10: Configuring Encryption and Advanced Auditing
This module covers how to increase file system security by configuring file encryption with Encrypting File System (EFS) as well as how to enable and implement advanced auditing features.
· Encrypting Network Files with EFS
· Configuring Advanced Auditing
Module 11: Deploying and Maintaining Server Images
This module covers the functionality of Windows Deployment Services (WDS), and explains how to use Windows Deployment Services tools to perform lite-touch deployments.
· Overview of Windows Deployment Services
· Implementing Deployment with WDS
· Administering WDS
Module 12: Deploying and Maintaining Server ImagesThis module covers the features and functionality of Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)as well as detailing how to provision updates with WSUS.
· Overview of WSUS
· Deploying Updates with WSUS
Module 13: Monitoring Windows Server 2012This module covers monitoring tools available in Windows Server 2012. It will cover the use of Performance Monitor, as well as how to monitor and successfully utilize Event logs.
· Monitoring Tools
· Using Performance Monitor
· Monitoring Event Logs
Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services (70-412)
Module 1: Implementing Advanced Network Services
This module describes how to configure advanced features in the Domain Name System (DNS) and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) with Windows Server 2012, and it covers IP Address Management (IPAM).
· Configuring Advanced DHCP Features
· Configuring Advanced DNS Settings
· Implementing IP Address Management
Module 2: Implementing Advanced File Services
This module describes how to configure and manage iSCSI and BranchCache, and how to implement Windows 2012 features that optimize storage utilization, such as File Server Resource Manager, file classification, and data duplication.
· Configuring iSCSI Storage
· Configuring BranchCache
· Optimizing Storage Usage
Module 3: Implementing Dynamic Access Control
This module describes how to plan and implement Dynamic Access Control.
· Overview of Dynamic Access Control
· Planning for Dynamic Access Control
· Deploying Dynamic Access Control
Module 4: Implementing Network Load Balancing
This module describes how to plan and implement NLB. It will cover managing and configuring an NLB cluster and validating high availability for an NLB cluster.
· Overview of NLB
· Configuring an NLB Cluster
· Planning an NLB Implementation
Module 5: Implementing Failover Clustering
This module describes the failover clustering features in Windows Server 2012. It explains how to implement a failover cluster, configure highly available applications and services on a failover cluster, maintain a failover cluster, and use new maintenance features such as Cluster Aware Updating (CAU). It will also cover how to implement multisite failover clustering.
· Overview of Failover Clustering
· Implementing a Failover Cluster
· Configuring Highly Available Applications and Services on a Failover Cluster
· Maintaining a Failover Cluster
· Implementing a Multi-Site Failover Cluster
Module 6: Implementing Failover Clustering with Hyper-V
This module describes the options for making virtual machines highly available. It explains
how to implement virtual machines in a failover cluster that was deployed on a host and how you can move a virtual machine or its storage. In addition, it provides a high-level overview of System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM) 2012.
· Overview of Integrating Hyper-V with Failover Clustering
· Implementing Hyper-V Virtual Machines on Failover Clusters
· Implementing Hyper-V Virtual Machine Movement
· Managing Hyper-V Virtual Environments by Using VMM
Module 7: Implementing Disaster Recovery
This module describes considerations for implementing a disaster recovery solution, and how to plan and implement a backup solution for Windows Server 2012. In addition, it explains how to plan and implement server and data recovery using Windows Server backup and Microsoft Online backup.
· Overview of Disaster Recovery
· Implementing Windows Server Backup
· Implementing Server and Data Recovery
Module 9: Implementing Active Directory Domain Services Sites and Replication
This module describes how replication works in a Windows Server 2012 AD DS environment, including how to configure AD DS sites so that you can optimize AD DS network traffic and how to configure and monitor AD DS replication.
· Overview of AD DS Replication
· Configuring AD DS Sites
· Configuring and Monitoring AD DS Replication
Module 10: Implementing Active Directory Certificate Services
This module describes the Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) components and concepts. It covers implementing a certification authority infrastructure, planning and implementing a certificate template deployment using an AD CS certification authority, and planning and implementing certificate distribution and revocation.
· PKI Overview
· Deploying CAs
· Deploying and Managing Certificate Templates
· Implementing Certificate Distribution and Revocation
· Managing Certificate Recovery
Module 11: Implementing Active Directory Rights Management Services
This module describes the AD RMS features and functionality. It explains how to use AD RMS to configure content protection, and deploy and manage an AD RMS infrastructure.
· AD RMS Overview
· Deploying and Managing an AD RMS Infrastructure
· Configuring AD RMS Content Protection
· Configuring External Access to AD RMS
Module 12: Implementing Active Directory Federation Services
This module provides identity federation business scenarios, and it describes how to use AD FS to address such scenarios. It explains how to configure AD FS prerequisites, deploy AD FS services, enable single sign-on (SSO) for an organization, and enable SSO between federated business partners.
· Overview of AD FS
· Deploying AD FS
· Implementing AD FS for a Single Organization
· Deploying AD FS in a B2B Federation Scenario
Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure (70-413)
Module 1: Planning Server Upgrade and Migration
This module explains how to plan a server upgrade and migration strategy.
· Upgrade and Migration Considerations
· Creating a Server Upgrade and Migration Plan
· Planning for Virtualization
Module 2: Planning and Implementing a Server Deployment Infrastructure
This module explains how to design an automated server installation strategy and plan and implement a server deployment infrastructure.
· Selecting an Appropriate Server Imaging Strategy
· Selecting a Deployment Automation Strategy
· Implementing an Automated Deployment Strategy
Module 3: Designing and Maintaining an IP Configuration and Address Management Solution
This module explains how to design and maintain IP address management (IPAM) and a Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) solution.
· Designing and Implementing DHCP
· Planning and Implementing DHCP Scopes
· Planning and Implementing an IPAM Provisioning Strategy
Module 4: Designing and Implementing Name Resolution
This module explains how to design a name resolution solution strategy.
· Designing a DNS Server Implementation Strategy
· Designing the DNS Namespace
· Designing and Implementing DNS Zones
· Designing and Configuring DNS Zone Replication and Delegation
· Optimizing DNS Servers
· Designing DNS for High Availability and Security
Module 5: Designing and Implementing an Active Directory Domain Services Forest and Domain Infrastructure
This module explains how to design and implement an AD DS forest and domain infrastructure.
· Designing an AD DS Forest
· Designing and Implementing AD DS Forest Trusts
· Designing and Implementing AD DS Domains
· Designing DNS Namespaces in AD DS Environments
· Designing AD DS Domain Trusts
Module 6: Designing and Implementing an OU Infrastructure and AD DS Permissions
This module explains how to design and implement an organizational unit (OU) infrastructure and AD DS permissions model
· Planning the AD DS Administrative Tasks Delegation Model
· Designing the OU Structure
· Designing and Implementing an AD DS Group Strategy
Module 7: Designing and Implementing a Group Policy Object Strategy
This module explains how to design and implement a Group Policy Object (GPO) strategy.
· Gathering the Information Required for a GPO Design
· Designing and Implementing GPOs
· Designing GPO Processing
· Planning Group Policy Management
Module 8: Designing and Implementing an AD DS Physical Topology
This module explains how to design an AD DS sites topology and a domain controller placement strategy.
· Designing and Implementing AD DS Sites
· Designing AD DS Replication
· Designing the Placement of Domain Controllers
· Virtualization Considerations for Domain Controllers
· Designing Highly-Available Domain Controllers
Module 9: Planning and Implementing Storage
This module explains how to plan and implement storage.
· Storage Considerations
· Planning and Implementing iSCSI SANs
Module 10: Planning and Implementing File Services
This module explains how to plan and implement file services.
· Planning and Implementing a Distributed File System
· Planning and Implementing BranchCache
· Planning and Implementing Dynamic Access Control
Module 11: Designing and Implementing Network Access Services
This module explains how to design and implement network access services
· Designing and Implementing Remote Access Services
· Designing RADIUS Authentication by Using a Network Policy Server
· Designing a Perimeter Network
· Planning and Implementing DirectAccess
Module 12: Designing and Implementing Network ProtectionThis module explains how to design and implement network protection.
· Overview of Network Security Design
· Identifying and Mitigating Common Network Security Threats
· Designing and Implementing a Windows Firewall Strategy
· Designing and Implementing a Network Access Protection Infrastructure
Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure (70-414)
Module 1: Planning and Implementing a Server Virtualization Strategy
This module explains how to plan and implement a server virtualization strategy using Microsoft System Center 2012.
· Overview of System Center 2012 Components
· Integrating System Center 2012 and Server Virtualization
· Planning and Implementing a Server Virtualization Host Environment
Module 2: Planning and Implementing Networks and Storage for Virtualization
This module explains how to plan a storage infrastructure for a Hyper-V server virtualization deployment
· Planning a Storage Infrastructure for Virtualization
· Implementing a Storage Infrastructure for Virtualization
· Planning and Implementing a Network Infrastructure for Virtualization
Module 3: Planning and Deploying Virtual Machines
This module explains how to plan and deploy virtual machines on Windows Hyper-V
· Planning Virtual Machine Configuration
· Preparing for Virtual Machine Deployments with VMM
· Deploying Virtual Machines
Module 4: Planning and Implementing a Virtualization Administration Solution
This module explains how to plan and implement a virtualization administration solution by using System Center 2012.
· Planning and Implementing Microsoft System Center Administration
· Planning and Implementing Self-Service with System Center
· Planning and Implementing Automation with System Center
Module 5: Planning and Implementing a Server Monitoring Strategy
This module explains how to plan and implement a server monitoring strategy using the Windows Server 2012 tools and using Microsoft System Center 2012 – Operations Manager (Operations Manager).
· Planning Monitoring in Windows Server 2012
· Overview of System Center Operations Manager
· Planning and Configuring Monitoring Components
· Configuring Integration with VMM
Module 6: Planning and Implementing High Availability for File Services and Applications
This module explains how to plan and implement an application and file services infrastructure that is highly available.
· Planning and Implementing Storage Spaces
· Planning and Implementing DFS
· Planning and Implementing Network Load Balancing
Module 7: Planning and Implementing a Highly Available Infrastructure Using Failover ClusteringThis module explains how to plan and implement a highly available server infrastructure by using the failover clustering features in Windows Server 2012.Lessons
· Planning a Failover Clustering Infrastructure
· Implementing Failover Clustering
· Integrating Failover Clustering with Server Virtualization
· Planning a Multi-Site Failover Cluster
Module 8: Planning and Implementing an Server Updates InfrastructureThis module explains how to plan and implement an infrastructure for updating Windows Servers and virtual machines.Lessons
· Planning and Implementing a Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) Deployment
· Planning Software Updates with System Center 2012 Configuration Manager
· Planning and Implementing Updates in a Server Virtualization Infrastructure
Module 9: Planning and Implementing a Business Continuity StrategyThis module explains how to plan and implement a business continuity strategy in a Windows Server 2012 environment.Lessons
· Overview of Business Continuity Planning
· Planning and Implementing Backup Strategies
· Planning and Implementing Recovery
· Planning and Implementing Virtual Machine Backup and Recovery
Module 10: Planning and Implementing an Public Key InfrastructureThis module explains how to plan and implement a PKI deployment, and plan and implement a certificate management solution.Lessons
· Planning and Implementing a Certification Authority Deployment
· Planning and Implementing Certificate Templates
· Planning and Implementing Certificate Distribution and Revocation
· Planning and Implementing Key Archival and Recovery
Module 11: Planning and Implementing an Identity Federation InfrastructureThis module explains how to plan and implement an AD FS server deployment and claims aware application access.Lessons
· Planning and Implementing an AD FS Server Infrastructure
· Planning and Implementing AD FS Claim Providers and Relying Parties
· Planning and Implementing AD FS Claims and Claim Rules
Module 12: Planning and Implementing an Information Rights Management InfrastructureThis module describes how to plan and implement an Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS) deployment, plan and manage AD RMS templates and access, and plan and implement external access to AD RMS services.
· Planning and Implementing an AD RMS Cluster
· Planning and Implementing AD RMS Templates and Policies
· Planning and Implementing External Access to AD RMS Services
· Planning and Implementing AD RMS Integration with Dynamic Access Control (DAC)