The different session state storage options, Asp.net Supports are:
- In-Process(default). It stores session state locally on same web server memory where the application is running.
- In StateServer mode, each session is converted to XML (serialized) and stored in memory in a separate process (aspnet_state.exe). This state Server can run on another machine.
- SQLServer mode stores session state in SQL Server database. It has the same advantages as that of StateServer.
- Custom modes allows to define our custom storage provider.
- Off mode disables session storage.